Welcome to Abba Dish

Do not waste any more money eating out. You can get the taste of gourmet within your own kitchen. Visit Abba Dish regularly to browse flavorful and delicious food ideas.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Red Beans sauté



I returned home from the library today very hungry. And all I had in my pantry was a can of red beans and tuna. I got creative and made this classic dish in less than 15 minutes.


Ingredients
1 15.5 oz. can Beans, drained
1 cup tomato, deseeded and chopped
1 can of tuna
½ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil




Method
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tuna, onion, garlic and sauté for 2-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, pepper and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min. serve over rice. I enjoyed mine with pumpernickel bread from Publix. Serves 2-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment